What is Pyrexia (fever)?
Before we explain what Hyperthermia Therapy is, we need to better understand what pyrexia (fever) is. Typically a fever, known as pyrexia, is thought of as a sign or symptom that there is an infection in the body. It is more scientifically correct to say that is a natural immune response to an infection or toxic agent in order to make the body a less favorable host in which to reside and grow. A fever is actually the body’s natural self-preserving mechanism of healing itself. A fever is the body’s highly evolved attempt to destroy invading organisms and to sweat impurities out through the skin. A fever has been called the great foundation of true health.
When the body is in a feverish state it stimulates a complete regenerative response. Raised body temperature stimulates the immune system, helps increase the body’s white blood cell volume and activity, aids the body in detoxifying itself and produces a state of overall relaxation that is essential to the healing process. Fever makes the vital processes and organs in the body work faster. As a result, the body produces more hormones and enzymes. The natural response to heat is vasodilatation which supports higher blood flow and results in increased oxygenation and the ability of the blood to carry nutrients, hormone and enzyme supplies throughout the body. The associated elevation in pulse rate is useful in transporting all the nutrients, oxygen, enzymes and hormones in the blood that are necessary to restore balance. In an attempt to cool down and regulate the body temperature, the body begins to perspire and it excretes toxins in sweat (detoxification).
Perhaps the most important yet most overlooked mechanism of a fever is the fact that it increases mitochondrial function. It is important to note that without exception, degenerative disease is not possible in an individual where the mitochondria are functioning at optimum level. In short, optimal mitochondrial function means optimal cell regeneration, metabolism and immune function.
What is Hyperthermia Therapy and what does it do
Hyperthermia therapy artificially induces fever and provides the body with all the same healing effects as the natural fever. It is used locally or over the entire body. One form of hyperthermia therapy is provided by the steam sauna which mimics a fever state resulting in an effective natural process of detoxifying and stimulating healing processes. FIR, Far Infrared Rays, raise the body temperature at a deeper level. The HOCATT System utilizes both Far Infrared Rays and steam sauna to increase the body’s temperature safely and effectively. Artificially induced hyperthermia results in the destruction of bacteria and viruses combined with heavy sweating and a cleansing effect initiated by ozone will result in elimination of toxins accumulated mainly in the lymphatic system relieving the liver from the difficult task of dealing with them. Only a relatively small rise in body temperature can make a huge difference says Dr. R. Atkins who includes heat therapy in his protocols. In the steam sauna, the nuclear body temperature is increased by 2 °C on an average due to cessation of heat output (hyperthermia). In a 1959 review of studies on the effects of heat treatments, Mayo Clinic researcher Dr.Wakim and colleagues cite findings indicating that the number of white blood cells in the blood increased by an average of 58% during artificially induced fever. The generation of antibodies speeds up, as does the production of interferon, an anti viral protein that also has powerful properties. Documented studies show that Hyperthermia Therapy eliminates anaerobic viruses and bacteria; cleans and detoxifies; aids mental clarity; cleans veins and arteries improving circulation and speeds up metabolic processes resulting in a 200-450 calorie loss per session. Research has indicated that in most cases, there can be a reversal of many degenerative type diseases and ameliorating aging process.
Unlike normal tissue, tumors have poor blood flow relative to their metabolic needs and cannot dissipate the heat, so they tend to get hotter than the surrounding area. Rapidly dividing cells (i.e., cells) are more vulnerable to the effects of heat. Normally, part of the damage caused by radiation is repaired by the cells, enabling some to survive; however, heat foils this self-repair ability. Taken together, these facts tend to make tumors more vulnerable to heat treatment than normal cells. Hyperthermia increases the Tumor Necrosis Factor (a substance produced by the immune systems to eliminate tumors) by 500 times. Hyperthermia is now approved in the US for treatment in different areas.
What are the benefits of Hyperthermia in the HOCATT system
- Increasing the body temperature makes the body a less favorable place for bacteria and viruses to multiply. It also inhibits tumor growth.
- Dilated blood vessels support higher blood flow that increase the oxygen, nutrient, hormone and enzyme supply to the affected areas
- White blood cells increase in volume and activity, increasing the body’s immune efficiency
- The excretion of toxins in sweat helps to detoxify the body. The excretion of toxins in sweat is important to health. In a PubMed article it demonstrates the use of sweat samples for detection of drugs in the human body. It is one of the only known ways to reduce chemical poisoning with fatty acid based chemicals like fertilizers.
- Everything in the body works faster when the body has a high body temperature, including producing more hormones and enzymes
- Elevated Pulse is an advantage because it helps to transport all the extra nutrients, oxygen, enzymes and hormones through the blood, so that the body can restore balance. It also simulates exercise and can burn up to 600 calories per 30-minute session.
- Elevated Mitochondrial Function- Mitochondrion (a small part in a cell that helps your body to turn food into energy) is the powerhouse of the body. Mitochondria are responsible in producing ATP (adensine triphosphate), the energy of the body. Having mitochondria functioning at optimum levels ensures the body has the energy it needs to perform its best and to support a strong immune system to help fight disease.
- Hyperthermia decreases muscular contracture and relieves tension and pain. Remarkably, spastic and stiff limbs can be moved after treatment, often without pain.
- Hyperthermia increases metabolism
- Hyperthermia speeds the disposal of lactic acid and facilitates faster recovery after exercise
- Improves mental clarity.
- cleans veins and arteries (dissipates plaque) and improves circulation
- It’s safe and there are no toxic side effects!
- Keeping the body in a constant complete regenerative state helps to heal any disease and/or to keep the body healthy and full of energy which is what everyone wants to have!