The use of ozone therapy in the HOCATT™ provides the many benefits iterated in Dr. Mawsouf’s paper and works in concert with the other modalities to facilitate the best all the modalities have to offer for health and vitality. Ozone in the HOCATT™ has the advantage of administration that can be both topical and systemic and its uptake is enhanced by the action of the Carbonic Acid Therapy and Hyperthermia Therapy. Experts say the HOCATT™’s combination provides the greatest, fastest and easiest form of detoxification available!
Ozone is triatomic oxygen, so in order to introduce ozone; we have to start with oxygen. Oxygen is a life-giving, life-sustaining element. We cannot survive more than a few minutes without oxygen. As we know, the body’s cells depend on oxygen. Ninety per cent of body energy is created by oxygen through aerobic metabolism. Proper Cellular Oxygenation is the only way to get the best of health.
It was postulated that during evolution and the presence of plants and green leaves on earth, the oxygen percent was 50 %. Professor Robert Berner of Yale University has researched oxygen levels in prehistoric times by chemically analyzing air bubbles trapped in fossilized tree amber. He suggests that humans breathed a much more oxygen-rich air 10,000 years ago.
Further back, the oxygen levels were even greater. Robert Sloan has listed the percentage of oxygen in samples of dinosaur-era amber as: 28% (130m years ago), 29% (115m years ago), 35% (95m years ago), 33% (88m years ago), 35% (75m years ago), 35% (70m years ago), 35% (68m years ago), 31% (65.2m years ago), and 29% (65m years ago). Professor Ian Plimer of Adelaide University and Professor Jon Harrison of the University of Arizona concur. Like Most other scientists, they accept that oxygen levels in the atmosphere in prehistoric times averaged around 30% to 35%, compared to only 21% today.
It has decreased in recent times due mainly to the burning of coal in the middle of the last century. Currently, the oxygen content of the Earth’s atmosphere dips to 19% over impacted areas, and it is down to 12 to 17% over the major cities. At these levels it is difficult for people to get sufficient oxygen to maintain bodily health: it takes a proper intake of oxygen to keep body cells and organs, and the entire immune system, functioning at full efficiency.
Decrease of Atmospheric Oxygen
There are several factors responsible for the continuous decrease of atmospheric oxygen. The most important factors include: deforestation, industrial pollution, car exhaust pollution, devitalized soil (overuse of organophosphates), volcanic eruptions, and deterioration of the Ozone Layer. Proper Oxygenation of the blood via various modalities can restore health and slow-down the aging process
What is Ozone Therapy?
Ozone is oxygen with 3 atoms (O3). It is created by the action of ultraviolet rays on atmospheric oxygen 20 to 30 kilometers from earth’s surface to form the ozone layer. It is also generated by the action of the high voltage of thunder (lightning) on atmospheric oxygen near earth. This explains the fresh air that we smell following rain. In addition, ozone is generated by the action of sea waves on oxygen at the sea-shore with the characteristic smell.
Benefits of Ozone in Nature
In the upper atmosphere the ozone layer protects earth from the harmful effects of a certain ultraviolet wave length from reaching earth (20-30 kilometers from earth). In the lower atmosphere ozone protects man from pollution by hydrocarbons by reacting with them leading to the formation of non-toxic CO2 & H2O.
What can Ozone Therapy do (generally speaking)?
- Inactivates Viruses, Bacteria, Yeast, Fungi, Parasites and Protozoa
- Stimulates Immune System, Speeds Healing
- Cleans Arteries and Veins, Improving Circulation
- Oxidizes Toxins, Facilitating their Excretion
- Normalizes hormone and Enzyme Production
- Reduces Inflammation
- Reduces Pain, Calm nerves
- Improves Brain function and Memory
- Scavenges Free Radicals
History of Medical Ozone
- The German scientist C. Lender published an article in 1870 under the title “Ozone purifies the blood”.
- The first water treatment plant with ozone was in Holland in 1893. Now there are more than 3200 water treatment plants with ozone in the world. During the First World War (1914-1918) ozone was used to treat wounds, stops the spread of foot gangrene It was found that infected wounds washed with rain water (containing ozone) heal faster than wounds washed with river water.
- The German scientist Dr.Otto Warburg was awarded the Noble Prize in Medicine in 1931 and in 1944 for his theory in damaged cell respiration and the importance of ozone as a preventive and treatment measure
- In 1972 the International Ozone Association was established.
- In 1983 first International Medical Ozone Association conference was held in Washington.
Approval of use of Ozone in Medicine
After 144 years of usage it is used and/ or approved in more than 50 25 countries including Germany, France, Italy, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Cuba, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Honduras, Britain, Egypt, Oman, Sudan, Lebanon, UAE and more than 25 U.S. states.
How Does Ozone Therapy Work?
When a cell becomes stressed by physical or chemical shock or by viral, bacterial or fungal attack, its energy levels are reduced by the outflow of electrons and it becomes electropositive. Ozone possesses the third atom of oxygen which is electrophilic i.e. ozone has a free radical electrical charge in the third atom of oxygen which seeks to balance itself electrically with other material with a corresponding unbalanced charge. Diseased cells, viruses, harmful bacteria and other pathogens carry such a charge and so attract ozone and its by-products.
When ozone is introduced into the blood, it reacts with these oxidizable substrates killing viruses, bacteria, and fungi. In addition, the metabolic waste products of these organisms are oxidized and an oxygen rich environment is provided which healthy cells can thrive. Normal healthy cells can not react with ozone or its by-products as they possess a balanced electrical charge and strong enzyme system. Ozone targets only diseased cells and pathogens.
Mode of Action of Ozone
Inactivation of bacteria, viruses, fungi and protozoa:
Ozone disrupts the integrity of bacterial cell envelope through oxidation of the phospholipids and lipoproteins. It also damages viral capsid and upsets reproductive cycle by disrupting virus-to-cell contact with peroxidation.
Enhancement of Circulation
Ozone reduces clumping of red cells and restores its flexibility and oxygen carrying ability. The arterial oxygen partial pressure increases and viscosity decreases leading to better tissue oxygenation. In addition ozone oxidizes plaques in arteries allowing removal of the breakdown products.
Stimulation of oxygen metabolism
Ozone increases red blood cell glycolysis rate leading to stimulation of 2,3-diphosphoglycerate (2,3-DPG) and accordingly increased amounts of oxygen released to tissues. In addition ozone activates Krebs cycle by enhancing oxidative carboxylation of pyruvate leading to stimulation of production of adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP) and accordingly more energy on the cellular level.
Stimulation of the production of the enzymes which act as a free radical scavengers and cell wall protectors:
Glutathione Peroxidase, Catalase, and Superoxide Dismutase. Medical ozone is a free radical scavenger.
Dissolution of malignant tumors
Ozone inhibits tumor metabolism, oxidizes the outer lipid layer of malignant cells and destroys them through cell lysis. Also ozone increases the ability of phagocytes to kill tumor cells (by stimulation of conversion of arginine to citrulline, nitrite and nitrate by phagocytes)
Activation of the immune system
Ozone stimulates the production of interferon 4-9 times the normal level. It also stimulates the production of interleukins mainly Interleukin-2. In addition ozone stimulates the production of Tumor necrosis factor (TNF).
Conditions treated by Ozone Therapy
As ozone works on the cellular level, it can be used in many conditions and in different specialties. The conditions that can be treated by ozone can be divided under the following groups:
- Some viral diseases e.g. Hepatitis, AIDS and Herpes Zoster.
- Some degenerative diseases and Disturbances of the immune system e.g. Rheumatic diseases and rheumatoid disorders.
- Some bacterial diseases e.g. infected wounds, diabetic foot, infected burns, and chronic sinusitis.
- Some vascular diseases e.g. atherosclerosis, Burger`s disease, Raynaud`s disease and peripheral vascular insufficiency.
- Some allergic conditions e.g. bronchial asthma and eczema.
- Malignancy in combination with chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy
- Obesity and hyper-chlesterolaemia.
- It is highly efficient in managing exhaustion, nervous tension and pain in general.
However it should be known that Ozone is an Adjuvant Therapy and that Ozone does Not Rule out Classic Medicine. But Ozone has Remarkable Results in Combination with Classic Medicine or alone if Classic Medicine Cannot be used due to ineffectiveness or side-effects.
Ozone should never be used in Thyrotoxicosis and Fafism.
Ozone should never be given by inhalation or direct intravenous root.
Ozone Therapy side effects
Ozone is the safest line of treatment known in history provided that it is used properly by experienced doctors.
Methods of Application
- Injection: autohaemotherapy: By withdrawal of 100-150 ml of blood, adding a calculated amount and concentration of ozone in oxygen to the blood, then re-infusing the blood.
- Direct injection into a muscle, joint or direct into a tumor.
- Insufflation: in the ear, vagina, rectum, and urethra
- Ingestion: ozonated water
- Transdermal: bagging, body suit, ozonated olive oil, cupping with a funnel.
- Steam Sauna
Non-Medical uses of Ozone
- Water purification: kills bacteria and viruses much more potent than chlorine and with no side effects.
- Disinfection of air and removal of odor.
- Disinfection in the field of plants, vegetables, poultry.
- Disinfecting swimming pools.